Frequently Asked Questions
On Employing a Foreign Domestic Worker
1. Who can apply for a FDW
You can hire a foreign domestic helper if you are one of the following:
- A Singapore citizen
- A Singapore permanent resident
- Expatriates with valid Employment Passes
- Possess a valid reason to employ a Foreign Domestic Worker
2. What is the current levy?
As per MOM (Ministry of Manpower) regulation, an employer is required to pay the Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) levy of $265 or $60 per month if you qualify for concessions. Do take note that levy payment should be made via GIRO only.
3. Can i interview the FDWs even if they are not in Singapore?
Yes! We are pleased to announce the availability of webcam and telephone interview services to facilitate the selection process. Do inform us beforehand should you require such interviews so as to make the necessary arrangements.
4. What happens if the FDW employ from Apex does not match up to my expectations?
At Apex, we set ourselves to a high standard of excellence. In cases where Foreign Domestic Workers conduct are not found to be satisfactory, we provide counseling services to the FDWs and advisory service to the employers. Should such courses of actions prove insufficient, upon further investigations, we will make replacements available.
5. What after-sales service can i expect from Apex?
These are just some of the services we provide to our customers:
- Loyalty Programmes
- Work Permit/Passport Renewal Services
- Embassy Document Endorsement
- Arranging Air Tickets
- Skills Upgrading courses
- Counseling Sessions for FDWs
- Replacement/Repatriation of FDWs upon contract expiry